Sunday, 23 September 2012

A digital Christmas Card

What a day I have had with my digital craft. 

My starting point was an outline image of Christmas Bells with Poinsettia.  Through Craft Artist Professional I painted the image & played with it using some of the many effects that are in the software.

 
This is the basic outline image which I downloaded  from a royalty free site

This is the image after I have painted it - you can see it is my first attempt as down one side of the bell I have gone over the line.

 
This is the image after I have applied a couple of the glass texture effects.  It changed some of the colour & applied its own "shot" finish.
 
 
This is the finished card.  I have applied stitching around the two layers & have "dry" embossed the sentiment & the bell.
 
During the week I am going to print a copy to see how it looks in real life.  Then I think if it is OK I will use it for a few Christmas cards this year.
 
Thank you for popping by please leave a comment.
 
 

1 comment:

sue-b said...

this is really great work Gloria, i have just been doing the same thing only i used a fish, lol
sue-b xx