Sunday, 5 August 2012

Where have I been all this time?

Hello everyone I am sorry I haven't been her for such a long time - about 6 weeks in fact.  So I do owe an apology to those of you who became followers.

My last post was on 19 June just one day before going on holiday for 2 weeks in Brittany.  I didn't like to advertise the fact that we were not to be at home.  Since then I have been fairly busy with wedding preparations - the early stages of organisation - what, where, when & how etc.  Back in my post on 31 May I did mention that my partner Bob & I were going to tie the knot next year.

Initial work has now been completed & from now on it is a case of gradually working on flower arrangements, cake & other things.  The save The Date has already gone out & the basis of the Invitations has been started.  So things are underway.

Along with this I have three rubber stamping clubs that I run & there is work to do for them, plus I run a blog for them - so I do tend to write daily on that.

Now that I feel on top of all this organisation a little more I thought it was time to get back to this blog.

A couple of days ago I joined Facebook group for digital scrap booking - which is another interest of mine - so I thought I would also start sharing those pages with you.  But first some stamping that I have managed to do recently.


I am very much a Clean & Simple style stamper - although if it calls for it I can do more on a card.
I also really like using inks to just lift the whiteness of cards - here I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink sponged down the side of the card.  The long-stem rose is a stamp from Dimension Stamps which I stamped in black archival ink & coloured with Promarkers.  I then cut the rose out leaving a narrow white border around & attached it with thin 3-d pads.  The greeting is from a freebie set on a magazine.


This little card is a delightful rocker card with a stepper style, which a member of one of my clubs introduced us to.  Again my Clean & Simple style. Having created the rocker card I embossed a piece of white card & cut it to shape to fit across the part circular base.  The flowers again are from a freebie set & were stamped in black archival ink & coloured with Promarkers.

So - I am back.  Hope this post wasn't too long.

1 comment:

CraftyJo said...

Good to have you back - we missed you :D