Monday, 13 August 2012

Two very different cards

Good evening everyone

Quite productive today - making 2 cards!

Two very different cards too - as one is stamped & the other one is a digital creation.

Here is the stamped one to show you first


Another clean & simple design & monotone too.  Both the images are from the recent freebie on Creative Stamping magazine - all very art deco style.  I stamped the main image in black archival ink & then quickly embossed with clear EP.  The corner images were stamped with an aubergine pigment ink pad & again embossed with clear EP.  I then squished some ink from the ink pad onto my glass craft mat & coloured the main image using my water brush.  I like using that way so it is getting quite a bit of use at the moment.  The main image has been layered onto matt black card & then onto the base white card.

My second card - the digital one - is my first attempt at a card, rather than a scrap book page.



The card is as you see it in the photo - there are a couple of other things I would have done but I happy with the first attempt.  One of the things that can be done as you will be able to see is give items drop shadows which gives a little more reality.  I forgot to put a drop shadow on the patterned paper layer so it looks flat on the background. The background is actually a frame because to start with I had left a small border of the white card showing - then when everything else was on there the white edge looked wrong - so I put the frame around it as if it was another piece of paper behind.  All the flowers & elements are added individually.  Tomorrow I am going to print the card to see how it looks in print.

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Thank you for visiting I hope you will return at some later time.

2 comments:

Waseem said...

What type of Card Printing you used to come up with this card?

Waseem said...

What type of Card Printing you used to come up with this card?