Sadly one of the cards I made over the last few days, is a sympathy card -
I use this image for most of my sympathy cards - I feel it is just right for these sad occasions & then the insert varies according to the recipient. I change the colour of the rose as well - which is the only part of the card that has colour along with a matching layer giving a narrow border.
This is a birthday card which went wrong. I used a 5" square card & stamped the image in the bottom left hand corner. The intention then had been to put the same image coming down from the top right hand corner, almost meeting. But when I lifted the stamp the centre had not stamped properly. I was going to throw it away then noticed that it was possible I could cut between the images. So I laid my ruler across & there it was enough room to make a nice clean diagonal cut. With an off-cut of card I created the border which I adhered behind the diagonal edge after colouring with the same ink that I used to colour the flowers. Then I closed the lower edge with double-sided tape to create a pocket.
This is the insert card which I edged again with the same ink as the flowers.
The card complete with the insert. It might have happened by accident but I think I may make more square cards this way in the future.
The image is from a Woodware set called Art Deco.
Thank you for popping in & I will be back later with some of my digital work.