Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Playing with embossing in digital cardmaking

Good morning everyone

A little grey here in North Wales so it doesn't look like it will be hot like yesterday.  Still must be grateful it is not raining.

I have been playing & practising with the embossing technique on Serif Craft Artist.  I thought I had got the hang of it, then yesterday couldn't get it right but this morning - success again.



The base is a 5x5 card onto which I pulled in a pale pink background. Then using the small fairy & frame from one of CaroLines digi kits & adding the word "Fairies" I applied the embossing technique.  As I said - with success.  I then searched for a fairy image which I put in the centre of the frame.  Now I need to be as successful with some scrapbook pages.

Then in true crafter form - I had to play with it a little more.  I wanted to see what it would like if I gave the embossing a different finish or effect.  This is what I did -


I really wanted to use a soft pink or green - two of the colours in the fairy image - but they were not in the options.  There was a pale blue which would have picked up on the little flower- but I didn't like that finish.  There is a slight purple/lilac tinge to her wings. It is quite amazing when you apply these finishes how the highlights on the embossing show up differently - more intense.  I am still making up my mind whether I like it this way.

Thank you for visiting - please call again & perhaps leave a comment.

'Bye for now.


2 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Personally, I like the first sample best - that purple (though one of my favourite colours) is a little...intense? Great effect though.

Mistys Mum said...

In reply to CraftyJo
Thank you Jo - it's nice to hear other people's opinions.