Monday, 20 August 2012

CD Sunday Challenge - Cute Christmas

Hi everyone

Time to start entering these challenges again.  They are so good for getting the creative juices going.  Of course whether I am successful or not achieving these things is another matter.

I liked the sound of the challenge over at CD Sunday this week, & as I have been playing with Serif Craft Artist for my digital pages it seemed a good idea to use it for a Christmas Card;

The fairy image is from MCS NSR Snowflakes & Sparkles CD  (NSR = No Stamp Required), & the materials & embellishments were from the Yuletide Joy digi kit, with a silver background.

This card is totally not my usual style - but I liked the idea of using the scissors & cutting the materials or roughening the edges.  Along with the buttons it made it a haberdashery Christmas card.  I enjoyed the challenge.

I have only printed it out "on the flat" at this stage - but I am looking at printing the components & putting it together that way.  I hope that doesn't stop it suiting the challenge.

Thank you for visiting - please call again.

10 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Gloria, this is gorgeous, loving the use of CAP along with CD's. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Hello Gloria, thank you for shearing with us at CD Sunday this week, It may not be your style but you have made a really pretty card, the buttons and berries make a lovely wreath.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

Oh such a cute little card! Love the buttons and berries. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Michelle x GDT

Jocelyn said...

Very cute. Love those buttons and berries.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Super card and perfect for a cutie Christmas card. Love the button wreath.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Gloria, I love the fairy.

Sue x

Marina said...

This is great - I love the wreath

Cazro said...

A gorgeous cutie, I adore all the elements and colours. Thanks for playing along with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Georgiegirl2012 said...

i'm just browsing this week's entry's for the challenge, and so far they are all lovely. I can't imagine that I will fail to have inspiration by the end of them xx

starcyl said...

This is a great card and even though you say you have printed it out flat it looks like it has dimension, it would be fabulous with the pieces printed again and decoupaged.
Thanks for taking the time to join us again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT