Friday, 10 August 2012

birthday cards 3 & 4

Good afternoon everyone & what a beautiful day.  I do hope this sunshine is also where ever you are.

Before I show you my next 2 cards in my task to produce at least one a day I would like to say welcome to a new follower.  Welcome Barbara thank you for joining my little following & I hope you enjoy your visits.

For the two cards I am showing today I received some inspiration to kick start me from a video on StampTV by GinaK.  I will put the link here - so do go & have a look if you have not seen these videos before.  Lots of inspiration there & would not have been able to describe it well enough to do it justice.

Here are my cards


The topic of the video is the background which has the delightful title of  "pillow top background".  I used Adirondack's ink pad Stonewash for the background & the focal image. The various sections were layered onto navy blue card with the focal image on 3-d pads.  Another piece of inspiration taken from this video is the placement of the sentiment to the side.  I really like it & will be using it again.


I had enjoyed making the background - so decided to create another one for my second card.  To keep things relatively tidy on my desk I went for the same colours.  This cloche hat lady is one of my favourites & this is another different way to use her. I have only coloured the hat & the coat.

Thank you for visiting - please leave a comment to show you have dropped by.

Have a lovely weekend - I understand this weather is to last the weekend.

No comments: