Saturday, 18 August 2012

Another card

Hi everyone

Here I am with another card,  in a colour-way very different to my usual style.


The image is from  Dimension Stamps.  When I first picked up the stamp to use I had no idea what colour or technique I was going to use. Then amongst some papers on my desk I spotted (I have already used that pun somewhere else) this paper.  A little poke around in my ink pad drawer revealed an ink pad that was virtually the same colour as the background. The ink pad was called Topaz.  Then another pad was a lighter shade of the colour. I squished the ink pads on my glass mat & coloured the image using my faithful water brush. I then stamped the sentiment in the Topaz ink & embossed it with clear EP. I cut around the image leaving a thin white border then mounted it with sticky pads.

Some (almost) matching ribbon with a little faux bow tied in it completes the card.

I hope the weather is being kind to you this weekend & that you have a lovely time.

Thank you for visiting.  'Bye for now.

No comments: