Sunday, 17 June 2012

cd sunday challenge - delicious damask

Happy sunny Sunday everyone

It is so nice to see a little bit of sun today - so I hope all the Dad's are having a good time on this Father's day.

The challenge over at CD Sunday today is "Delicious Damask", so here is my card ..........


The background paper is from MCS Paper Flower Expert & the image is from MCS Deco Follies.

I printed 2 of the image & cut the face away from the second image leaving just the front part of the hat & her shoulder, in order to produce a 3-d effect.  I then  punched the scalloped oval & placed the lady on it slightly overlapping the oval.  Some pale blue organza ribbon was run down the side & 2 of those delicate flowers added towards the base.  A few pearls added around the oval & to the corners completes the card.

You can just see a group of pearls between the flowers.  I had to put those there as I caught a double-sided pad with my scissors & it flicked over onto the card.  I gently tried to lift it but it would have torn the background paper.  I didn't have another flower to put there - so I covered it with pearls.

If you haven't found CD Sunday challenge yet - pop over & take a look.  Thank you for popping - plee leave a comment to say you have visited.  Thank you.,

8 comments:

sue-b said...

Hello Misty's mum, another early bird with a beautiful card. I love your 3D effect it works so well, the card is lovely and i would not have know you did a quick recover to your card, the pearls look quite natural and at home. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b Guest designer.

Jocelyn said...

I love the soft colours you have used on your card. Very pretty.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, you covered the little accident very well, you needn't have even told us, could be it was a happy accident for it looks so nice. Lovely pale blue. hanks for sharing with us at CD Challenges. Caz

Christine said...

Your 'accident' is covered well and your card is beautiful. Love the colour choice and good to see you joining in with us again.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

It's a beautiful card - love the pale blue colour. The image is very effective decoupaged and well done on rescuing the card after the little accident. Thank you for joining us again at eh CD Sunday challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, you covered the corner well, accidents do happen just when we don't want them, well done
Margaret

Carol said...

Lovely card and nice to see you again. I am rediscovering MCS as I load all the discs on my new computer. I keep having to have a look to make sure it is all there. Daft.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Such a pretty card and your accident looks like it was meant to be there so you didn't need to have told us. I like the fact that when we do something wrong we usually find a way to sort it out.
Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT