Friday, 18 May 2012

my Indian wedding card

Good morning everyone

Well, as promised pictures of the first of 2 Indian wedding cards that I was asked to make for a friend.


I forgot to crop the rubbish at the side from this photo & it is stood at a slightly awkward angle as it was difficult to avoid my reflection in the top panel.  I still have some lessons to learn in taking photos of cards.  All the elements on this card are straight & even yet there still appears to be some wonkiness. (Is that a word?)  Any hints gratefully received.

Here is a close up of the embossed panel.


I saw this embossing folder & just loved the design, then realised how appropriate it could be for these Indian cards.  The second card I have to make will be along a similar line but the orange coloured glitter card will be replaced with something yellow.  The "white blobs" are actually gold gems & there are also red gems on there too.

I was pleased with the result & yesterday I gave this card to my friend who needs it for the w3edding next week & was so relieved when she was delighted with it.

Will show you the second card when it is finished which will be sometime tomorrow I think.

Oh & thank you for your lovely comments left on my pot for WOYWW this week.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

May said...

Beautiful vibrant colours... Just Gorgeous cards... Hugs May x x x