Wednesday, 11 April 2012

It's WOYWW time again.

Don't know what this is about?  Then click on the link, find out, join in & have fun.

I missed last week, as I was in the New Forest for my god-daughters wedding & although the hotel had broadband etc it getting dropping out so it was impossible to join in.  My desk today would have been my desk last week too as I have not been near it since as I have returned home with a chest infection.

Anyway here is my desk & after it I will put a couple of photos of the wedding cake in all its splendour.  Thank you for popping by I hope to be dropping in on some of you a bit later too.

The non-stick craft sheet has made its way back to my desk - I had been using it for rolling out the marzipan & icing.  Works beautifully too as it sticks to the work surface & you don't end up chasing the icing all over the kitchen..  lol.



The florist in her infinite wisdom had cut & taped the flowers with 4" stems - so I was left with no choice  but to just lay them on the cake in this sort of fan shape.  But my god-daughter was thrilled & that at the end of the day was what I wanted to achieve.



19 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely cake. Lovely desk. Shame you are not well, hope that chest infection soon clears up.
Thanks for sharing your day - Hugs, Neet #10 xx

Peggy Cain said...

Thanks for sharing your little corner of the world. beautiful cake

kay said...

beautiful cake,hope you feel better soon
have a fab crafty week and
happy woyww
kay,#70

SuziesImaginarium said...

Ah yes, weddings...just got through one myself! Lovely colors on the cake...purple shades are my favorite! Happy WOYWW #47

Julia Dunnit said...

Ugh, chest infection..take your time and really allow yourself to recuperate. The wedding cake was beautiful, no wonder your God Diaughter was delighted,it's a thing of beauty.

I've linked you to this weeks list...the best thing to do is copy and paste your new blog post title each week, otherwise your 'paste' device remembers your last pasted post last week. Make sense?? If not, email me and I'll step you through the process, it's not a prob! And it's not uncommon either, so don't worry about it!

jill said...

what a lovely wedding cake know wonder you good daughter was delighted with it , you did a fab job . happy crafting

Miriam said...

fabulous cake - I love your little boxes too.

#148

Lynn Holland said...

I'm working on wedding invites for a young friend who lives across from me.
Hope you get better soon.
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today
#16

Cynthia Eloise said...

beautiful cake. todays brides are going for so much more creative cakes.

Sarah Anderson said...

Get well soon! Glad you weren't poorly for the wedding - the cake is beautiful!

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely cake!! I think craft sheets were originally inventing for 'cooking' applications you know. I had something very similar in my grill pan years before anyone called it a craft sheet!! Hope you feel better soon. Happy WOYWW Cindy #67

Darnell J Knauss said...

That cake is really stunning! I hope your infection clears up very soon and you have a great week! #43

Queen Lightwell said...

Very pretty cake! Neat idea, too. Your desk is a haven of organization, I love it! I've been thinking about getting one of those crafty mattes...are they really all that? I have just been using my desk, as I like the shabby chic look anyways, and then I got a self-healing mat and the back of it is working really well for TH distress inks so...well, stop by and see me if you can,
~Deeyll #166

Yours Artfully said...

Hope you feel better soon and that cake looks amazing!

Lisa-Jane said...

What a fantastic cake! We're very close to the New Forest (hubs works at Beaulieu) and we have had ALL sorts of weather this week. Today has been thunder and lots and lots of hail with a bit of sunshine thrown in! #85

Joanne said...

Lovely, lovely cake. Hope you are better now.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Beautiful cake. Take care, it's Friday but I'm still working my way through the WOYWW list. Love Zo xx 75

SophieNewton said...

What an amazing cake...I bet it tastes gorgeous too
Sophie
No.79

Queen Of Toys said...

Really beautiful cake your God Daughter no doubt was thrilled I know I would of been such a lot of work and the icing is perfect.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Eliza #80