Monday, 23 April 2012

catching up

Hello everyone

I thought I had better pop in for a moment to make sure you don't think I have disappeared.  Following my god-daughters wedding I came down with a chest infection which really knocked me back.

I am just beginning to find my feet again & feeling like doing some crafting.  So I started with my god-daughter's wedding photos.  Although I do do hybrid scrap booking I also enjoy digital scrap booking.  I thought the wedding would be ideal for this.  Here is the first page


Now I talked a bit over the previous weeks about the cake I was making - so the first page I felt should be about that.  The thing I love about digital scrap booking is being able to produce unique backgrounds.  This one has been made by adding some flourish style embellishments & then the photo of the couple cutting the cake has been merged into the background.  This leaves the photos of my cake centre stage.  I was very pleased with the result.  I have another one completed of the couple in the garden of the hotel where the reception was held.  I will show that one tomorrow.

I am now going to have a look at the challenge blog sites to see what is going on.
'Bye for now.


3 comments:

Paul Rawcliffe said...

That is beautiful Gloria

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

lol above post was me in disguise!!! Don't ask!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Your Cake looks amazing Gloria, and I love the colours used. I really like the way you've put this page together with the cake being the main picture and the bride and groom faded in the background. I have the software to do digital scrapbooking but so far have not done anything with it.

Sorry you've not been well, but I'm glad that you're beginning to fell better now.

Sue x