Wednesday, 21 March 2012

woyww #146

Good morning, good morning, good morning - as the great Stephen Fry would say.

Happy WOYWW day.  I am sorry but I didn't get around to many desks last week as I have been rather busy as you will read below, but perhaps this week I might manage more..  In the meantime thank you to all of you who visited my desk & thank you also for your comments.

I am afraid my desk this morning is quite boring - & tidy -

On this view of my desk is some paperwork ready for - I hope - a CD challenge & a card for a 70th birthday which just requires the insert to be put inside.

here's the view of the corner & you can see the 2 piles of cards that I completed from the toppers that were on last weeks desk.  A new addition to the tidying - is the wooden box on top of the drawer unit.  It originally held a bottle of mulled wine & I realised it was just the right size to hold my cans of spray glitter & glue etc.

Those cards are the only crafting I have done this week as it has been rather taken up with a more pressing problem.  The flowers for my god-daughters wedding cake.  She eventually chose to have Lisianthus (which I had never heard of before) & I am experiencing some difficulty in reproducing them in sugar paste.  I am having another practise today taking a slightly different approach - so here is hoping.  She may have to have real flowers on the cake, as there is only 2 weeks today to go.

If you are reading this post & have no idea why I am showing you my desk pop over to Julia's blog at  The Stamping Ground & see what this is all about.  Have a lovely day, I am off to link this to Julia's blog. 
'Bye for now.





21 comments:

jill said...

Nice tidy desk. Good luck with making the flowers for the wedding cake. i hope all goes well.
Happy Crafting

Peggy said...

Wednesday’s sure do come around quick! Trying again to make “All” the rounds. Your desk sure looks all organized makes me want to go home and clean up mine LOL! Have a great day!

Bridget Larsen said...

love those containers on your desk, they look really tiny
Bridget #64

SophieNewton said...

Is that a bus? looks interesting...a scrap layout?
Sophie no.88

505whimsygirl said...

I spy a huge clothes pin! Well, I guess since it's so big it's not surprising that I can see it! ;-)

Your desk looks nice and organized; love all those little drawers for storage.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
#15

May said...

Lovely organized desk, love the boxes on your desk, Have a fun week, Hugs May x x x No9

MOONFIRE DESIGNS said...

So tidy, puts me to shame LOL. Rach xxx

Helen said...

Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk and leaving such a nice comment. You have a lovely collection of really useful boxes. And I think I also see ikea boxes too! You are all very organised and you managed to make all those cards for a good cause too! Well done, Helen ♯35

Bella said...

good luck with the flowers!

Redanne said...

Great to see a nice tidy desk and lovely piles of made up cards too, you have been busy. Best of luck with the flowers. Anne #66

butlersabroad said...

Lovely tidy desk, good luck with the wedding flowers. I;ve seen Lisianthus before, they're very pretty.

Hugs
Brenda 2

sandee said...

I think you should messy up your desk before taking a picture of it for us, lol Would love to see the flowers you are making and hope they turn out well! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

kay said...

fab organised craft area :)
#51

Julia Dunnit said...

Gah, I haven't heard of them either. And here's a tip dear gal - remember, you are your worst critic..I bet you're making them really nice and just can't see it. Lovely of you to wait patiently for her to then choose something obscure!!

Laura said...

Argh, the desk! It's just too tidy! It puts mine to shame! I love all your storage boxes.
Good luck with the flowers
From desk 135

CraftygasheadZo said...

Such a tidy desk and so much fab storage too. Thanks for sharing this WOYWW, It's Thursday and I'm still snooping through the list! Take care Zo xx 22

Rita said...

Great workspace and its very tidy too. I love all those little boxes with the blue handles. Hugs Rita xx

trisha too said...

Not boring at all, we're all such snoops, that's why we're here!

Very bright and organized, it looks delightful!

:)trisha
#163

lisa said...

Your desk looks very colourful with all those lovely little boxes.
I'm not surprised you have little crafty time if you are making sugar flowers, I know how time consuming they are. Lisianthus sound beautiful, are you using a rose petal cutter, that should do the trick, they are similar just with more petals than a rose.
Have fun with it.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #123

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm still making my way 'round ... I love those teeny colorful boxes, too - I've never seen anything quite like them. I just noticed the comment above mine and remembered I'm supposed to be leaving my #. I've been to dozens of blogs this morning and forgot to do that. Drat. I'm 141. I hope the sugar flowers turned out well!

Joynana said...

Love all of the wonderful colored boxes that you are using for storage. #25