Wednesday, 14 March 2012

woyww 145

Wow! It's Wednesday again.

Oh all right then - here in my little world it is still Tuesday.  But I will not be doing anything more at my desk until about mid-day tomorrow so it is how it will look in the morning.

Not heard of WOYWW  before?  Then pop over to Julia at The Stamping Ground & find out all about it.  Then have some fun & join in.

If you have been before you may notice quite a change.  I needed more actual working desk space - so have had a rethink.  It isn't finished yet - so here we go ..........

Last week one woyww visitor was curious about my little boxes in the background.  I think the company is called "The Really Useful" Box Company.  Sixteen of them are in a compartmental unit & the others are all individual boxes.  I keep useful small things in them - eyelets, brads, my foam pads for Distress Inks, small die cut pieces, buttons.  One of them even holds the crystal glitter that I use from time to time.  I am not a great glitter person.  Some are still empty - but anything small I want to hang on to goes in a box - where I can find it. On my desk are some more of those "use it up" decoupage items I had started working on about 18 months ago.  I pulled another load out of the box this afternoon & put them together.  Their envelopes & cards are ready for them at the side & I will put them together tomorrow.  The spotty box has cards in that I am taking to a fund-raising morning on Friday.  The little purple card art the front is one I entered a recent challenge with & has proved to be just right for our Grand-daughters birthday on Friday.,

This shows a little further along the desk with one of the small drawer units still on the desk.  The purple box on the top of it holds my acrylic blocks & things like scissors, tweezers etc are stored in these great little fabric buckets.

But ..... what to do with the rest of the drawer units & boxes that were on the desk last week?  Well until I sort them & decide where they will live they are here .......

............ on the spare bed which takes up room in my craft room.  Even my nice new roll storage for my Promarkers is on the bed at the moment,.  More work on this over next few days.,  Please come back next week & see if I have managed to sort it.

I am now going to save this to draft so that I can post it first thing in the morning, then find time to have a good look around everyone else's desks.  Have fun everyone.,

21 comments:

jude said...

Loving your new tidy organised desk.Hopefully the bed will be cleared too and you will have organised craftroom.So creating can continue with loads of space on the desk.Have fab wednesday and creative week
judex 17

May said...

Love the new space whoo-hoo, have fun crafting, have a good week, Hugs May x x x

Spyder said...

I have space...when it's tidy! but usually only work in a 6x6 inch area! Have fun moving your crafty stuff about!Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafting week.
HaPpY wOyWw!!
((Lyn))

Peggy Cain said...

so organized!Have a fun WOYWW.

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a great desk you have, those little boxes are great arent they i have 3 lots of them,thanks for sharing, happy woyww
hugs sandra xxx

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a great desk you have, those little boxes are great arent they i have 3 lots of them,thanks for sharing, happy woyww
hugs sandra xxx

MvM-design said...

Quickly watching all those lovely desks!!
Have a happy WOYWW Wednesday :)))
Watch mine too, I've an awesome announcement on my BLOG(click)
Hugs Marleen ;-)

MvM-design said...

Quickly watching all those lovely desks!!
Have a happy WOYWW Wednesday :)))
Watch mine too, I've an awesome announcement on my BLOG(click)
Hugs Marleen ;-)

ScrappnBee said...

Love all the extra space you have gained! Good luck sorting the rest. maybe a shelf? LOL. I think I am always sorting and cleaning! Have a fabulous WOYWW! -Amanda #39

CraftygasheadZo said...

Ah storage, the need of all crafter's! Fab desk shots. Take care, enjoy snooping around the wonderful desks & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 33

Jumbleberries said...

Love your organised craft space - thanks for sharing.

Jumbleberries xx

Elizabeth said...

Your desk is lovely and tidy - those little boxes are not only useful but colourful too. I hope you find a home for all the items you've weeded out - dare I suggest the bed could go, giving you more room for storage, or is that a step too far :)) Thanks for your earlier comment about my new craft space. I've still got a lot of sorting out to do but I'm really pleased with it so far. Hope you have a lovely week and that you make headway with your sorting out too. Elizabeth x #11

NEEDLEWINGS said...

lovely desk area. Maybe even a few more shelves would work too.

Sophia said...

I'm loving all of your colored storage boxes. Looks all organized! :)

kay said...

looking so organised and i love the little boxes,i use mine to hold flowers and have fixed to the wall to give me more space,shall be back to see how you get on,x

sandra de said...

It looks like you have a very organised work space.

butlersabroad said...

Looking very clean and organised until you show us the bed, lol! Hope you get it sorted out soon, I actually quite enjoy re-organising my space every so often!

Hugs
Brenda 12

Lisa said...

Your desk looks so tidy and organized. Love those cars, would love to see what you create with them.

Tracy said...

I'm going to have to remember those little boxes! I have to keep "inventory" bits separate from the "non-inventory" bits. Those would be perfect! Spare beds are great catch-alls at least that was before the kids... ;) Warmly, WOYWW Tracy #81

voodoo vixen said...

Lots of lovely crafty bits on your desk this week and I also love my set of little really useful boxes... in fact the actual boxes travel about with me.

Joynana said...

Love your desk and lots of lovely storage for all of the crafty things that we need to have close by. #88