Wednesday, 14 March 2012

A workshop

Good evening everyone

Well! what a busy day.  I tried to get my entry on WOYWW in early but still I was 48th.  I had a look around at several desks then had to take time out to sort out my new car.  It had developed a flat tyre which I needed them to look at - turned out to be a nail.. Thankfully it has been replaced - no cost to me - as when I did the test drive we noticed the tyres were a bit soft - so that must have been the cause.

Next,  I had a workshop at my local craft shop - that is - me the tutor not me the pupil.  Today it was scrap booking & I asked if the ladies would mind if I took some photos to record it.  They readily agreed & I have some photos to show you & they are happy for me to continue to record their progress.  These workshops, that I run from time to time at my local craft workshop, are supposed to only run when there are 3 or 4 people booked on them.  Today one lady did not turn up.  Now! - it is just not within me to turn the others away.  Well you can't say - sorry - go home - can you.  So there were just 2 ladies.  I am so glad I didn't turn them away as we had a great afternoon, & I am very pleased to say they were happy with the results of their work.

They are happy for me to record the workshops with photos - so here is the first couple.  I have not got close to their work this time as both had some very personal details on them.  But I will take some photos later of their pages providing it can be done without compromising them in any way.

This photo shows them busy working on their choice of background papers & embellishments.  Also whether to crop or not & what size page to make.  Both went with 8x8 albums.  So! first set of decisions over.

Just a longer view of the table & all the papers etc there for them to use.

I found advising them on what to do with their photos meant I started thinking of my own & when they took a break during the session I discovered amongst my box that I had brought in with me - a pack of photos.  So I started sorting those into stories & thinking how I would scrap book them.  So, next time I hope to have a page of my own to show them.  This could be good to get me a little more up to date with all my photos.

Well! that is me for today.  I need to go & have a look at more of those WOYWW desks.  How will I ever manage to look at them all?

Happy crafting!  Thank you for dropping by.

No comments: