Yesterday I joined in WOYWW which showed what was on my desk but I had one card that showed in the photo & one card that seemed to have disappeared from my desk. So here they are to show you what I had managed the day before,.
This is the card that was visible on my desk. It was made with my current trend of masking an area & then colouring it with Distress Inks by using shaving style brushes. What am I saying - my brushes are shaving brushes.
There is a fun story here - as I state in my profile I run a couple of clubs & recently we needed to use these brushes to produce backgrounds on a project. One lady knew where she could get the brushes at a very reasonable price & offered to get them for me. She took 11 to the cash point & got some very strange looks. Bless her.
After applying the Distress Inks - which were - wild honey & fired brick, I stamped the tree which is one of a set I think from Kanban. I used Memento black. To ground the tree I used a Barbara Gray trick - I used the tips of a set of three trees to do this. Afterwards I still didn't like the bottom line so I adhered a piece of black ribbon along the bottom. Then, even after that I wasn't sure I felt it was finished & ended up adding another line of black ribbon at the top. The whole thing was then finished off with a sentiment from the same set.
This card is totally out of my normal style - but the stamps were part of a free set on a magazine. I need to make a note to myself to record where these stamps come from - because I am sure it is good to be able to say which magazine. Anyway I just happened to see it amongst my stamps & thought it was about time I used it. Again the image was stamped with Memento black - then I coloured it with a great set of watercolour paints that have a similar appearance to H2O's - but only cost £1.99 (or it might have been £2.99), from The Works a couple of years ago. They have a lovely iridescent finish when dry. I enjoyed making this card it was fun, & I am sure one day I will find the right person to send it to.
Then later yesterday I dropped into my "use it up" or "don't scrap it" mode & made some cards from the decoupage Christmas sheets that had been sat on my desk. I am actually not a great decoupage-er (oops! what a word), but I do like the effect. I may have bought these sheets last Christmas I cannot remember, but I like to get as much out of them as I can & the cards produced are usually used for charity or other fund raising. Here they are
this one the image was trimmed to fit the square card
this one is the 3-d layer of the first card & the sentiment that was trimmed from it
this is another one that I trimmed to fit the card & the only 3-d piece is the present
this one is the 3-d layer from the one above along with the sentiment that I had once again trimmed off
this one was a little spray all on its own - I must have used the main image at Christmas the sentiment didn't fit well along the bottom so I put it on its side.
these 2 photos show the left overs - so I can see 4 ATC's (which will inevitably become toppers), 2 tags & another lonely ATC.
So a good day - something new & something recycled.
Thank you for popping in I hope to see you again soon.