Thursday, 8 March 2012

two cards from yesterday

Hi - welcome to my blog

Yesterday I joined in WOYWW which showed what was on my desk but I had one card that showed in the photo & one card that seemed to have disappeared from my desk.  So here they are to show you what I had managed the day before,.


This is the card that was visible on my desk.  It was made with my current trend of masking an area & then colouring it with Distress Inks by using shaving style brushes.  What am I saying - my brushes are shaving brushes.

There is a fun story here - as I state in my profile I run a couple of clubs & recently we needed to use these brushes to produce backgrounds on a project.  One lady knew where she could get the brushes at a very reasonable price & offered to get them for me.  She took 11 to the cash point & got some very strange looks. Bless her.

After applying the Distress Inks - which were - wild honey & fired brick, I stamped the tree which is one of a set I think from Kanban. I used Memento black.  To ground the tree I used a Barbara Gray trick - I used the tips of a set of three trees to do this.  Afterwards I still didn't like the bottom line so I adhered a piece of black ribbon along the bottom.  Then, even after that I wasn't sure I felt it was finished & ended up adding another line of black ribbon at the top.  The whole thing was then finished off with a sentiment from the same set.

This card is totally out of my normal style - but the stamps were part of a free set on a magazine.  I need to make a note to myself to record where these stamps come from - because I am sure it is good to be able to say which magazine.  Anyway I just happened to see it amongst my stamps & thought it was about time I used it.  Again the image was stamped with Memento black - then I coloured it with a great set of watercolour paints that have a similar appearance to H2O's - but only cost £1.99 (or it might have been £2.99),  from The Works a couple of years ago.  They have a lovely iridescent finish when dry.  I enjoyed making this card it was fun, & I am sure one day I will find the right person to send it to.

Then later yesterday I dropped into my "use it up" or "don't scrap it" mode & made some cards from the decoupage Christmas sheets that had been sat on my desk.  I am actually not a great decoupage-er (oops! what a word), but I do like the effect.  I may have bought these sheets last Christmas I cannot remember, but I like to get as much out of them as I can & the cards produced are usually used for charity or other fund raising. Here they are
this one the image was trimmed to fit the square card

this one is the 3-d layer of the first card & the sentiment that was trimmed from it

this is another one that I trimmed to fit the card & the only 3-d piece is the present

this one is the 3-d layer from the one above along with the sentiment that I had once again trimmed off

this one was a little spray all on its own - I must have used the main image at Christmas the sentiment didn't fit well along the bottom so I put it on its side.


these 2 photos show the left overs - so I can see 4 ATC's (which will inevitably become toppers), 2 tags & another lonely ATC.

So a good day - something new & something recycled.

Thank you for popping in I hope to see you again soon.

3 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Very delicious looking cards!

As for your question on my blog. I am not sure what you are referring to as "package" Do you mean the pixlr program? It's free and easy to use. If you need a different explaination you can e-me needlewings at mac dot com.

Misty's Mum said...

this is a test comment to see if I have word verificaion

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi, these are lovely and I adore your little Yorkie - what a cutie patootie.

Love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine.

k x