Sunday, 4 March 2012

Less is More & Stamptacular Sunday Challenges

Well! here I am back again today because as I said in the previous post I have had a good day with my card making.

This next card I am entering into two challenges - on is the Less is More Challenge where there is a colour theme & the other is the Stamptacular Sunday where the theme is "Text Me".

Here is the colour swatch for the challenge at Less Is More, anything through cream, brown, black;


Here is the card I made

The card is a very pale cream  In a piece of folded copy paper, I created a torn irregular rectangle aperture. Through the aperture I stamped the flower spray twice with Versamark ink & embossed with clear EP. Then using shaving style brushes I coloured the card through the aperture with Adirondack inks starting with Latte, then Caramel & finally on the right side & bottom edge only I used Espresso. After brushing the Latte ink onto the card I used a tissue to remove the colour from the embossed image, which I then repeated when I used the Caramel ink.  I then stamped the image again this time with the Espresso ink, which I also used for the sentiment.  The little bow is in fine black ribbon.  I kept changing my mind about the bow, but finally decided I did want to have it on the card.

Having made the card I realised that the text on it qualified it for the Allsorts challenge too.

I am really pleased with this card & can see myself using this type of layout more often.

I am now off to link this post to the two challenges.  One again thank you for popping to take a look at my little blog - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please leave a comment & say hello.

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is just lovely... the two shades of the flowers are really effective!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

dutchstamptramp said...

What a beautiful card. Love the whole idea

Margreet Havinga said...

Sp Pretty.

Margreet

Mandi said...

Beautiful panel, super inking
Lovely card

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Elaine said...

Great design - love your blending of inks!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your inking and and the way you created your aperture. Beautiful!

Catie Cuddles said...

What a lovely card and looks so effective but sounds simple to achieve ... Might have to have a try at this!

Scrapmate said...

A stunning card.