Friday, 2 March 2012

CD Sunday challenge - Recycling

When I first saw what the challenge was over on CD Sunday challenge I new just what I was going to do, as I had an item by my chair that I had recently thought was right for recycling.  Plus I felt I could find something to recycling on it as well - which is closer to what the challenge is about.

When I started to think about it in detail I realised that with everything else there was for me to do this week I was giving myself too big a task.  So a search in the box of bits & pieces that I am always supposedto be using & a look under piles of paper on my desk revealed an item to use.  Here is the card & details


The pink silk-look background paper & the focal image come from the MCS Deco Follies CD. The recycled part is a Friendly Plastic item that I made a couple of years ago with a stamped image of pansies adhered to it.  It is all set on a black card & I found some black shiny ribbon which unravelled easily.  So I deliberately unravelled the  end to give it a fringe appearance.  Then just finished it off with flat back gold pearls.  The pink background paper - in real life - is identical to my pink pansies but it doesn't look so in the photo.

I am trying hard to use up stash & not create any more bits.  I know that will be impossible - but whilst I was looking at all the images & papers on the CD I actually chose w backgrounds & 2 images to use.  I thought it would be easier to make a decision on which one when I had printed them off.  Having made the decision which ones to use & to save the others from becoming bits in a box, I used them straight away to make another card.  But there is no recycling on it.

I love this era & it was very tempting to print off even more whilst I was looking - but no! no! - not until I have used up some more of my large collection of stash.  I wonder how long before I weaken!!

'Bye for now - I am off to link this post to the CD Sunday Challenge - thank you for popping in.

Please leave a message to say you have been here. 

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Misty's Mum
I love the card. Art Deco is a favourite of mine. Great idea to fringe the ribbon.
A tip for using up those extra bits you print out - join an ATC group. Extra printed backing sheets make excellent ATC backgrounds.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two great cards here Gloria, Art Deco always seems to go down well. I have several boxes of scraps which every so often I go through and manage to use a few bits, it doesn't last long before I'm creating more. A great idea from Carol about ATC's, I've never made them before but if nothing else they can be used as card toppers.

Sue x

Jocelyn said...

I love the art deco theme. Great recycling of things.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Jen said...

Lovely cards and well done recycling left over bits. Thank you for joining in at CD Sunday this week.
Jen x

Purple Crazy said...

Beautiful cards featuring my fav period, great recycling, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday xx

starcyl said...

Great card and worth the effort even if it isn't your first thought. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely cards and well done on the recycling element. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-