Sunday, 4 March 2012

CD Sunday & Allsorts Challenge

Good evening everyone

I have had a very productive day today - when the creative juices seemed to be flowing.  This first post is about the card I made initially for the CD Sunday Challenge & then I later spotted it would probably fit the Allsorts Challenge as well.

Over at CD Sunday Challenge the theme is "Imagine" & I tried to imagine what this lovely character was thinking of. Then over at Allsorts Challenge the theme is "Spread your Wings" - well my lovely character has spread her wings.

Here is the card & then the way I created it


First I must say that the photo does make my images & background look rather blue when they are in fact different shades of lilac.  Why does that happen?  I notice on other blogs quite a few people make the same statement.

The background papers are plain & in fact are taken from the "colours" section on the CD, which is  MCS Illustrious Images CD2.  The image also comes from the same CD.  I used one of my scalloped dies to cut out the main image & then added some flat back gems to decorate. Behind the image is a small doily that I have recoloured with a Promarker to match the image & background papers.  The bow at the top of the card is one of those where you punch 2 holes a small distance apart & then thread a piece of ribbon from the front to the back, cross them over at the back & bring the ends up through opposite holes to create a faux bow.  The ends are then trimmed to opposite angles.  I had the idea, from absolutely nowhere, to put the greeting peel off on a matching piece of ribbon. I think it mainly came about because I didn't want to waste even that small piece of ribbon - which by the way was originally white & I used my Promarkers to colour it to match the card.

I hope you like my little card.  I am now off to link it to its challenge blogs & then I will be back to tell you about the other challenges I made cards for.

Thank you for popping in - please leave a comment so that I know you have visited.  All comments welcome.

9 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Very pretty, I like your faux bow.

brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Jocelyn said...

What a good idea to use promarkers to colour the doily and ribbon so everything matches so perfectly on your lovely card. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Pamela said...

Well Jocelyn has 'pinched' what I was going to say re the doily and ribbon LOL! I like your fairy she's very pretty. Thanks for joining in this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in March for CD Sunday)

Carol said...

And me too. I did buy a reel of white ribbon for that very purpose as I saw it demonstrated at a show. Lovely card and it all matches so beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Gloria, I use promarkers to colour match as well. Don't know what I would do without them.

Sue x

starcyl said...

Yes here's another lovely card and where would we be without Promarkers.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely card., Gloria..cute little fairy

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous fairy card,
Margaret