Thursday, 23 February 2012

Less is More Challenge - Punches & Dies

Good morning everyone & what a lovely morning.  Some blue skies & sunshine - well it is here in North Wales.

Today I have joined in the challenge over at Less Is More where the theme is using your punches and/or dies.  I don't have loads of either but those I do have do not get used enough so what direction was I going to take. As I was sat at my desk trying to decide  there in front of me on the window sill was my little Sizzix Sidekick & also a couple of Ferrero Roche (gosh have I spelt that right!) acrylic boxes that used to hold about 4 chocolates but now contained some small thin dies.  I think they were probably the first ones I bought after getting the sidekick as a pressie.  On the top was a really pretty corner die.

When I am stamping I really enjoy using Barbara Gray's corner stamps so I thought perhaps that's the way I should go for this challenge.  Here is the result

The sentiment was actually stamped in Versafine ink in a plum colour but here it looks black.  I was very tempted to colour the edges of the card but stood back & left it how it is.  The tricky part was gluing the corner pieces down & keeping the shape.  I think I have got it square.  I was really happy with the finish & I can see some more cards being made this way.  So thank you Chrissie & Mandi at Less is More for opening up my creative mind.

I nearly joined in yesterday WOYWW but didn't have enough time - but the next post I will show you just what was on my desk for fun.

Thank you for stopping by.  Please leave a comment so I know you have looked in they are always so nice to receive.

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is inspired.. what a great way to use that corner die... I can see how you got the inspiration from Barbara Grey, but you made a great transition to use the idea with this die.
Fabulous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love this corner die and it looks wonderful laid out like this. Very elegant!

Linda said...

Stunning card. Very elegant.

Teena (AKA Teens, TeeBee, Wee Hen, Mum) said...

Wow how LIM beautifully simple and elegant. Very nice!!!!

Maureen said...

This is gorgeous, I have that die so much use it more often. Well done.
Maureen.........x

ding said...

Wonderful card and fantastic idea
Diane

Sally said...

A clever idea to use a corner die as a frame , it works perfectly. Love the white on white. I used a basic glue stick to stick my flourish die to my card.
Sally M x

Karen said...

Love how your inspiration came from Barbara - I adore her work too! I ran out of time to make more and I don't have the same die as you but will try this with one of the corner dies I do have hugs karen x