Sunday, 26 February 2012

Less is More Challenge - "Don't scrap it"

Hello everyone - I hope you are having a great weekend & that the weather where you are is good.

The challenge this week over at Less Is More is "Don't scrap it".  Now! there is a challenge - who hasn't got loads of scraps.  But I think for me the challenge was - which scraps.  Here is the result of my decision


and here is the "scrap" that I went through to see what I would use


After some good searching & trying things together I reduced it to this


I used to do quite a bit of quilling & was surprised to see the little rose in the box not yet used.  It seemed to go quite well with the coloured card.  That card is one piece of a selection that I had created some time ago on a "play day" with Caroline.  We were using different inks & those tools with either a white or black shaped head on a double ended black handle. The black head could be heated to impress things into it.  It's no good I am going to have to pop off & get their correct name I won't be long ............ Colour Box Stylus System from Clearsnap.

Having done some searching through the box & definitely being in a less is more state of mind I made one more card as I just had to use that pink aperture card.  It was a scrap item, as at some time or other I had used the third that usually folds behind the aperture.  I went to a box where I keep topper material for quick cards & found a lovely little spray of pink flowers.  Here is the card


The little "smudge" to the side of the sentiment is actually a little bird with a flourish style tail - but it is covering an actual smudge.  I broke the cardinal rule of stamping - always make sure there is no ink on the rubber surrounding the image, & if there is - wipe it off.  No! I stamped it straight down & potentially a spoilt card, but by stamping the bird in same colour as the sentiment the card is saved.  Phew!

Now to search amongst some cd papers that I have in a box & enter the challenge over at CD Sunday.

Thank you for stopping by I look forward to your next visit.

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are fab... what a great use of your scraps, I must say I have birds and butterflies to thank for covering the occasional smudge too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sharon said...

Love the top card. That paper is wonderful - far too good for the scrap pile! Gorgeous cards,
Sharon xx

Susan said...

Love the paper you used for the first card...but the second card is definitely my favorite!! LOVE that spray of blooms..and it looks fab over the oval cutout!

Eloise said...

I love both of your cards. /the second one is my favorite.

Viv said...

Both cards look great, well done :) Viv xx

Bonnie said...

I love the strip behind the pretty quilled flower. But the cut out flowers with the aperture is gorgeous! What fancy cutting but well worth the effort!

Sasha said...

Beautiful cards! Quilling is a perfect way of using up scraps. Your second card is so pretty:)

Sharon said...

Pretty card & I love the quilling.
Sharon x

GinaA said...

Your rose and quilling is FAB, great colour combo.