Saturday, 11 February 2012

Goodness - another 10 days without chatting

Hi everyone
Goodness the days just fly past.  I haven't done any stamping for quite a few days now - but have been busy with my god-daughters wedding cake.  Today I have put their marzipan coats on so for about 2 to 3 weeks there is a rest from the actual cakes - when it will be time to ice them.  In the meantime I am waiting to her my god-daughters decision on the flowers she wants on the cake. She is having one layer as a sponge or madeira cake - so that one doesn't get made until closer to the day.  I am currently looking out recipes for that one.  Here is a photo of the work so far;

  
The reason for the odd shaped large cake is that the sponge tier will be stood on supports in that gap. The small cake came from that space.  The small fruit cake is not going to be on display it is just for the extra portions.

Earlier today I took a look at this weeks challenge over at Less is More & I think I might join in that one & get card making again.

Next week I have a scrap booking workshop - so must go & get myself organised by sorting my notes & looking out papers, embellishments etc for the ladies to use, including some different scrap book styles.  I also need to have a setup page for construction to help explain.  I am looking forward to it.

Thank you for popping in to see what I am up to - hope you enjoyed your visit.

No comments: