Thursday, 12 January 2012

Some stamping work in progress

Today I decided to sit & stamp some more images using stamps I had either just bought or had not used since buying.

I started with a set that was free with one of the magazines just before Christmas.  It consisted of a corner stamp, some small flowers, greetings, butterfly & a circular frame that holds the greetings or the butterfly.


Another reason for working this while whilst I don;t have an actual card to make is to get more used to using my Promarkers.  This image hasn't turned out too badly, & I think it will get turned into a card.


This image is so bold & beautiful - it is actually an anemone not a poppy so I will play with it some more tomorrow using anemone colours.  Now all I need to do is find the right background & embellishment - then I think this image too will be put on a card.

About a week ago I had a play with some Crafty Individual images.  I have had them a while but only used one of them once & have just realised that I didn't blog about them;


I am not happy with this one as the green just makes it look mucky - so I am not thinking about what colour to lay over the top to brighten it & make it a little more interesting. I used Distress Ink "Forest Moss".

I prefer this one which has been inked with Distress Ink "Victorian Velvet".  Again I may lay another colour over it - but will check backgrounds etc before I do that.

I will let you know how I get on.  Thank you for popping in - it was good to see you.

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

I like what you've done with the corner flowers - really pretty - here's what I did with it last week!

I like the sentiment stamps and the distressing. Perhaps a lighter shade of green would work - shabby shutters? And the poppy is fab!