Saturday, 7 January 2012

Less is More Colour Challenge

Happy New Year everyone.

Here I am with my first challenge entry for 2012 & a promise to myself to enter more challenges this year & blog more frequently.

So the challenge at Less Is More this week is colour - Predominantly Purple. Now purple, along with it's variations, is one of my favourite colours - how was I going to use it?  Having not joined in challenges much recently I found that the creative part of my mind was a bit slow kicking in. Here is the card -


Try as hard as I could I couldn't get the colour right in my photo this looks more blue.  Deep purple card with a Crafty Individuals image stamped on to white card with a Palette ink pad called Victoria Lilac.  Then layered onto silver paper.  The word I stamped in Versamark onto white card, then embossed with matt clear EP, & using a shaving style brush & the Palette ink pad coloured it to match the main image.  A quick brush over with a tissue let the word pop out.  This I then layered onto silver paper to match the image - ran a length of purple of ribbon through the tag & across the top of the card.  I just couldn't resist the little bit of bling.

Thank you for popping in.

11 comments:

Mandi said...

I have trouble photographing a proper purple, mine too looks blue!
Purple conjures up ;dream' mystical for me, so your card hits the nail on the head

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous!
Great images... I like purple teamed with silver too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

What a fantastic stamp and looks great in purple with the silver :)

Zoe Sanderson said...

Super card XOXO Zoe

Kathyk said...

Purple and silve? Looks great together - very opulent! Fab card

Kathyk

Willy said...

Wonderful creation!

JeNjOy said...

Perfect
Unique
Really great
Pleasing to the eye.
Lovely
Exquisite

Jenjoy x

Jenni's Jems said...

I love that image and the two colours compliment each other x

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely! Purple and silver is a "dream" combination as far as I'm concerned. I do like the tag - gorgeous image!

Just added myself as a follower!

Aileen said...

Love your lady on the tag. Super card. x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card
Beryl x