Tuesday, 10 January 2012

CD Sunday Challenge - Sea Life

Well, at least that wind has dropped for a while & a moment or two ago the sun was actually shining & now it has become a little overcast again.

This week over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog the theme is - Sea Life. That for me would be a challenge as I don't have a lot to do with the sea in my crafting stash.  But - nonetheless I had to, & did find something.  I remembered that the Jayne Netley Mayhew CD's had some maritime images so I popped the CD in to have a look. 

Here is my card
I loved the image of these two angel fish & knew I had to do something with them.  On a search for some background paper I popped over to some MCS images & spotted this background paper with the word "Fascinate" repeated in different sizes & a description of the word.  To me it just summed up how these two fish looked.

I trimmed the background paper & layered it onto yellow card to pick up the colour in the fish.  I then also trimmed the image of the fishes & layered them onto the yellow card.  From another image of the fish I cut them out individually - but before that I covered the image in Versamark Ink & clear EP - then laid them over the image on double sided sticky pads.  Having decided the layout I needed a little something else & decided on the little pale yellow pearls as bubbles.  I also found some little shell buttons in a box, but they were cream with orange stripes on them.  A-ha! Promarkers to the rescue.  A bright yellow pen & the picture was complete.

The description of Fascinate?
"To attract and hold attentively by a unique power, personal charm, unusual nature, or some other special quality; enthrall"
I would say that sums up those two little fishes, wouldn't you?

Before closing for now, I would like to welcome a new follower - Deborah - thank you for joining me I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thank you everyone for popping in - please leave a message it is always nice to hear from you.

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card, I love that image and the bp and shells finish are perfect.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
Beryl x GDT

Carol said...

Hi Gloria.
Another lovely card and so much to it. Inspite of thinking that you hadn't got anything for the 'sea' you have produced a beauty.
Thank you for your message by the way.
Thank you for joining us again at Cd Sunday.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great card Gloria...two little angels

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Gloria, I love what you've done with the angel fish.

Sue x

craftybren said...

Such vibrant colours on those fish, great card

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, love the colours and angel fish, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week x

sue-b said...

gorgeous card, i love the angel fish and lo. sue-b xx

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely card - very clever. I like it very much.
Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

You've made a fab card here, those fish are beautiful and that BP works so well.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT