Thursday, 8 December 2011

Things with whiskers challenge

Hi everyone - yes I am still here but falling far behind.

I didn't want to finish the year without managing at least one more blog challenge - so here I am.

The challenge about things with whiskers is over at CD Sunday.  I sat & had a think as to what I could do - it's Christmas, Santa has whiskers - but surely lots of people will use him.  What could I find different?  Well in the end I stumbled on an image that I decided to play with.  Here is the photo of my card


The image is from MCS  Papercraft Library Volume 6 "Men-y Happy Returns".  I am sorry but after hunting high & low for backgrounds & things I cannot remember where I got the snowy background from.  What I did was to take the Meerkat & soften his edges then merge him into the background.  I copied his image to use as a cut out & to 3-d onto the card - but as it was Christmas I needed something else.  Again amongst my search through various MCS artwork I spotted the little Santa hat.  There were a couple of different shapes but this one had just the right curve for putting on the Meerkats head.  The sentiment is a transparent (think that's the right description) peel off.  I layered the background onto black card then on to a white card that I had pre-stamped with snowflakes for a random border.  The second Meerkat was then placed on with foam pads to raise it above the other one.  I had spent a long time playing with speech bubbles & trying to think of a witty saying ........ like "where did you get the hat?" or "why the hat - makes you look simplz" & many more.  But I couldn't get them to look right so I plumped for the peel off.

There may still be time for me to join in another challenge before the end of the year - fingers crossed, along with a resolution for the New Year to do better.

It was fun to do.  Merry Christmas Everyone - have fun.

Thank you for popping in.

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card, love the meerkats, especially the one with the Santa hat
thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this time
Beryl x GDT

Carol said...

Oh! My absolute favourites. I luv Meerkats. I have a beautiful model of one that forum friends bought me for a birthday, and coasters, a mug, a mouse mat etc etc.
Lovely card and great to see you again.
Thank you for joining us again at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great card, Gloria...Amy would love it

starcyl said...

I do like this card and I am so happy that we have had such variety of things with whiskers. I do like the way you've given him a hat too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

What a fantastic fun card. I love the merkats and the santa hat makes this a great card for Christmas. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Great card, loving the meercats, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

Christine said...

A super, well thought out card Gloria. I love the meerkats and the way you have placed them is great, like the use of Santa's Hat too.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Love these meerkats, a gorgeous card. Good to see you back in blogland again.

Sue x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fabulous, love it! Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-