Sunday, 18 December 2011

Ooh! such memories

Hello everyone

Well I decided there was room for one more challenge this year after all.  I have been tempted by the challenge today over on CD Sunday Challenge - where the theme is "The Fifties". 


 I used the MCS "Fab Glam Fifties" CD & spent quite a while deciding which image to use.  But the full skirt & the waspie belt won the day.  I remember my Mum, bless her, telling me those belts were not good for me.  But you couldn't not have one - could you?  Ooh & the petticoats!  Oh yes - we looked good.

I used half of an insert from the CD to create a frame & merged the mannequin figure into the oval.  I then printed 2 more mannequins in order to 3-d the dress.  Trimming the top layer to just the belt & skirt.  Some pink stripy paper I had in my bits box made a good background & dotty pink ribbon down the side.  I then trimmed the music from a length of ribbon & added to the bottom.  The tag had just the right sentiment.

When I had been looking for the image I spotted another one that brought back memories.  So! just because I can - I used that image to make another a card which may well come in useful next year for a friends  big birthday.


I had a dress identical to this one right down to the pearl necklace as well.  I was to attend a rather posh dressy do & at the time did not earn a lot of money - so my lovely Mum treated me to the dress & the pearls. Again I used half of an insert so the mannequin could sit in the oval frame.  I then decoupaged the dress & added the black & white spotty ribbon down the side., along with some cream gems for the pearls. I have left the rest of it undecorated so that I can finish it to suit when I use it.

So a big thank you to CD Sunday for invoking some lovely memories.  I did print some accessories off for the pink card - some stiletto heel shoes & a handbag, but unfortunately had printed them a little too big.  Although with that full skirt we would probably have been wearing flat ballerina shoes.  The stilettos would have been worn with the black dress.  Aah!

10 comments:

craftybren said...

Showing my age now but that top pink one reminded me of oh so happy days. Love it

starcyl said...

Now this is taking me back to my childhood again. These are lovely cards, thanks for joining us again at CDSunday.
Jenny xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Your fab cards bring back so many memories. My Mother was a good needlewoman and used to make all my dresses. I was a teenager in the later fifties.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT.

Beryl K said...

Two fabulous cards, I can remember my mum wearing dresses like these
thanks for joining usw at CD Sunday
Beryl x GDT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card, there are some fantastic images from the fifties on this CD.

Sue x

Christine said...

Two beautiful cards to bring back happy memories of the fifties.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

A fab card. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Merry Christmas
Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great cards, Gloria

Purple Crazy said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Best wishes for the New Year x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Fifties Fun Challenge.

Wendy -x-