Monday, 19 September 2011

My first envelope album

I can't believe it has been 11 days since I last blogged.  This just will not do.

So here I am starting again & I thought I would show you a mini envelope album I am in the process of making.

Over the last few weeks I have searched the Internet & books for the different styles of envelope albums - & paper bag albums too.  Every You Tube video I have watched gives different ideas & I have been amazed by just how much you can pack into one of these albums. I have used a mixture of stamping & peel offs in this one. Here are some photos for you to see what I have done so far;
This is the first page or cover & it doesn't have anything on it so far. I have used 6x6 scrapbook papers to decorate the "pages" & used some cream DL size envelopes which have had the short ends opened & are basically folded in half.  This gives an album of just under 5" square. My photography doesn't do the colours justice they really are Christmas red & green.
I haven't forgotten to turn the photo around - that is to show it coming out of the pocket. 
The page insert above has a Christmas sentiment on it & the flap of each page has been decorated with little Christmas stocking brads.  They have been in a bits box for ages just waiting to be used.
This page has a gold peel off bauble on it & I have inlaid the pieces from a matching silver image as it didn't show up too well on the paper.
To this page I have added a small pocket & two tags which will hold messages, photos or sentiments
All the pages have been inked around the edge with Adirondack "Bottle" ink to age them a little.
This album could be used as a special Christmas card - so on this page I have added a little tent fold card that could hold the Christmas message for the recipient.
The insert for this pocket has another peel off image on it, & again I have done some inlay work on it.  Of course as a memory album - this insert could hold the photo with the journalling on the back.
This final photo shows a page insert that has been decorated with word staples.  I brought these staples & the stapler a couple of summers ago & this is the first time I have used them.  I think they will be coming out for some of my Christmas cards too now.

So there it is - still lots to do - more embellishments, wider ribbon on the book rings & ideally I would like to get hold of some three-quarter inch book rings as with just 6 envelopes these one inch ones feel a bit too big.

Tomorrow I am going to sit down & tackle a couple of blog challenges, so hope to have more things to show you then.

Thank you for popping by - I am sorry I have not blogged too regularly recently.

No comments: