Friday, 23 September 2011

Less is More challenge

Hello everyone
Finally! I have got around to entering challenges again.

After posting my one layer card yesterday I realised I could have entered it in the Less is More challenge - but I decided to make another card instead.

The challenge this week at Less is More is just to produce a CAS (Clean & Simple) card & they are hoping to get 1000 entries as they had recently reached 1000 followers.  So here is my entry;


To get my symmetrical heart shape I drew a half shape on a folded piece of paper then cut it out & sponged "Red Brick" Distress Ink through the aperture.  The rose is a Clarity stamp & the sentiment is one I have had for a long time & they were stamped in black archival ink.  It looked it a little too white & missing something so I found some narrow black ribbon just to add an edge to the card & finished it with a faux bow.

Thank you for stopping by on your blog travels - please call again & your comments would be most welcome.  Thank you.


4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing - I bet it would look great with worn lipstick or barn door too

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Striking colour combo
Good to see you again
Thank you so much for participating in our quest for 1000 entries
Mandi
LIM

Chrissie said...

Simply beautiful!
Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Thank you for your comment on my personal blgo
The square panel I made is stamped and I hand drew the leaf trails
Full details on LIM and now my blog

Thank you mandi LIM