Monday, 22 August 2011

Next stage of my images ........

.......... well one actually.

Good evening everyone - nice to see you all again.

Here is the photo of the first completed card of my work in progress session.

Putting this together was quite a problem especially as I was thinking on the hoof so to speak.  But sometimes when I work like that I get better results than planned sessions.

Laying the sentiment on the red card - which by the way went well with the red flower - it looked awful.  White, stark & glaring.

I decided to distress the edges & used the most obvious choice -Fired Brick.  Some areas it is a bit heavier than others but as a personal choice - I quite like the effect.  It was finished off with some red sparkly ricrac braid.

I recently mentioned a multi-fold card that I had seen on the Internet that I was making - here are the photos of the finished item.  The photos start with the closed card complete with belly band - which in this example I have made using some ribbon.  The remaining photos show the card gradually being unfolded.  This is a delightful card & surprisingly easy to make.  I wish I had thought of it but I have to give credit to the person whose video I saw  - a lady called MariLynn. Click on her name to go to her website.

I need now to think of how to make this card in different sizes - the finished size as you look at it is about 3.5" square - the black card that the whole card sits on is 3.75" square.






No there is no need to adjust you computer screen - I made the card in black & white.  The pad of 6x6 papers I had were just right for decorating the different panels. I now want to make a Christmas one.

Well that is me for today I hope to bring you more tomorrow.

Thank you for dropping by

No comments: