Sunday, 28 August 2011

Final stages of my images ...

Hello everyone.
I do hope you are all enjoying this bank holiday weekend despite the rather unpleasant weather.  But we must be grateful that we are not experiencing the awful weather that our colleagues in New York & other States are suffering.  I am sure all our thoughts are with them.

This weekend I managed to complete the images that I started about a week ago & have already shown you some of the early stages.

The first photos are of the very elegant lady with her parasol;

I love this image & always leave it to makes it's own statement hence the minimum of embellishment.  On this one I mounted the image on to some quite dark gold card after having gone around the edge of the white card with some dark beige ink to age the card, then onto a black card.

On this pink shade the image has been layered on to some white card that has the edges coloured with the same ink as the ladies jacket to create a matching layering card.  Also I selected the peel off border because it had a similar look to the detail on the back of the jacket but I didn't want gold - so again I used the same ink as the jacket. What did we do before Promarkers?

Here is the blue version this time with the image layered with silver card & peel off border.  I also chalked the edge of the white card with pale blue to lift it a little.
and finally the green version.  This time the white card has been layered onto some dark green card but the peel off border has been coloured with Promarker pen in the lighter green.

The two remaining cards in this series are
first - the final one of the set with the birthday message.  It has been placed on a really bright pink card which was left over from making another card & it opens on the side not across the top.  The flower has a pink pearl in the centre & a couple of small ones have been put in the curves of the flourish.  The white card looked really stark so I coloured it with two shades of pink chalk.

Next & finally

The Celtic style tulips.  In this yellow version one of the prints had a problem so I needed to do some recovery work.  So I did something I rarely do - the image that had the faults was cut apart.  i cut away everything except the central flower & it's ste4m & the two curled leaves at the sides.  it was then placed over the complete image with sticky pads. The edge of the white card was brushed with pale yellow then green chalks & the peel off sentiment was coloured with green Promarker pens.  Some ribbon& a faux bow & it is complete.

I enjoyed that exercise & it has got my stamping mojo going again.

I hope you liked looking at my work & look forward to you visiting me again.  Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: