Friday, 15 July 2011

CD Sunday Challenge - Handbags

Good evening everyone
I am really hoping to enter a few challenges to get myself back on track & have decided to enter this weeks CD Sunday Challenge where the subject is handbags.  I will pop the photo of my card here & then talk about it. 

I chose My Craft Studio to help me in this project.

The handbag is from MCS Encyclopedia CD's.  I used the handbag 3 template & changed the colour to an aqua colour, although it looks quite blue in this picture.

Then on the same CD I looked at the backgrounds & found this one which has a slightly lighter panel at the top.  I printed that on an A4 sheet of card - trimmed off the white areas & folded it in half to make my card.

I didn't notice at first that the pattern was actually bubbles - but it goes well even so. Also one of my colour cartridges must be running low as there is a strip pattern on the card which isn't part of the pattern.

The handbag had gusset sides so as I had the idea to put it on the front of the card I didn't use them & refolded the flat base so that I could fold the handbag in half to put on the card.

The handbag had a flower pattern on the front so I thought I would top them with fabric flowers.  I only had cream flowers but found that I had a Promarker Aquamarker in Aquamarine.  (Phew! that's a few aqua's).  So I recoloured the flowers & glued them over the printed ones.  After studying the card for a while I knew it needed something else.  So I laid some ribbon along the change of pattern & decided that I would glue some along that line, then also decided to put some down the length of the card.  The ribbon was white with Black dots & silver swirls - not quite right - so I coloured it with the same Promarker pen as I used for the flowers.  The I added a little cluster of three flower heads at the top left.

Now & then when I look at a finished project I notice little things that could make a difference to the finish.  In this card I should have thought ahead about the cross over on the ribbon.  If I had positioned it just a little differently I could have had a continuous pattern across & down.  Still - we live & learn.  Let's hope I remember this in the future.

Thank you for popping in - I am off to see what my next challenge should be.

3 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

a really lovely card, I like the bag.
Kevin xx

Christine said...

Lovely card, and I love your colours. A lot of thought has gone into making it all match. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

starcyl said...

Quite a lot gone into the making of this but it has turned out well. Thanks ofr joining us at CD Sunday but your link isn't showing on or blog, can you redo it please then everyoone will see it. Thanks.
Jenny xx
CD Sunday DT