Good evening everyone
I am really hoping to enter a few challenges to get myself back on track & have decided to enter this weeks CD Sunday Challenge where the subject is handbags. I will pop the photo of my card here & then talk about it.
I chose My Craft Studio to help me in this project.
Then on the same CD I looked at the backgrounds & found this one which has a slightly lighter panel at the top. I printed that on an A4 sheet of card - trimmed off the white areas & folded it in half to make my card.
I didn't notice at first that the pattern was actually bubbles - but it goes well even so. Also one of my colour cartridges must be running low as there is a strip pattern on the card which isn't part of the pattern.
The handbag had gusset sides so as I had the idea to put it on the front of the card I didn't use them & refolded the flat base so that I could fold the handbag in half to put on the card.
The handbag had a flower pattern on the front so I thought I would top them with fabric flowers. I only had cream flowers but found that I had a Promarker Aquamarker in Aquamarine. (Phew! that's a few aqua's). So I recoloured the flowers & glued them over the printed ones. After studying the card for a while I knew it needed something else. So I laid some ribbon along the change of pattern & decided that I would glue some along that line, then also decided to put some down the length of the card. The ribbon was white with Black dots & silver swirls - not quite right - so I coloured it with the same Promarker pen as I used for the flowers. The I added a little cluster of three flower heads at the top left.
Now & then when I look at a finished project I notice little things that could make a difference to the finish. In this card I should have thought ahead about the cross over on the ribbon. If I had positioned it just a little differently I could have had a continuous pattern across & down. Still - we live & learn. Let's hope I remember this in the future.
Thank you for popping in - I am off to see what my next challenge should be.