Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Winter Wonderland - Blue & White challenge & blog hop

Hello everyone
Well, I have finally made my card for the Winter Wonderland challenge.  I had already completed the blog hop some days ago, & was left with the card to make.

I don't know why - but I couldn't settle on an idea & some that I had just didn't work as I wanted them to.  Then this morning I had an idea - a very simple one but nevertheless - an idea.

In the past I haven't always been happy with the image from this stamp - which is from Stampington & Co - it doesn't always emboss successfully.

Anyway I decided to give it another go & stamped & embossed in white onto white card.  Then I coloured the image with Adirondack ink in Stonewashed using a felt pad & applicator. Then I matted & layered the image onto white card then onto blue card.

A favourite stamp of mine at Christmas time is the little snowflake cluster that I have used which comes from PSX.  After deciding where I was going to place the main image I masked the area then randomly stamped the snowflakes down the side & along the bottom, using the same blue Adirondack ink.

I decided to emboss a line around the main image on two sides - underneath & on the right hand side, giving it a sort of framed box to sit in.

Finally I placed the Merry Christmas peel-off greeting in the bottom corner.  It was gold & I changed it with a blue permanent pen.

Actually Father Christmas shows up better than I thought, & now I think I not only have a Christmas Card for this year, but I may make several along that line using festive colours.

6 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

great card and perfect for our blog hop challenge at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for celebrating with us
Hugs Kate xx

chrissy xx said...

A really pretty card. LOve these colours. Great image too!
Chrissyxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the blues and the paper.
Kevin xx

Linda said...

Love the shades of blue you have used on your card very wintery. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love Linda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful card, and so effective in the blue and white.

Sue

Suzi said...

A wonderful Xmas card, lov ethe image and your papers. Thank you for joining in the celebrations this week over at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs
Suzi x