Monday, 6 June 2011

Spotlight technique

Hi everyone
The Spotlight technique has been around for quite a while now, but I am re-introducing it for some workshops I am running at my local craft shop.

So today I had to get together some new samples. 

I have used the same image from a set of unmounted stamps I have for which I no longer have the packaging & cannot remember what make they are.

There is one stamp in the set which is a text plate of Chinese/Japanese writing

I stamped this image in black archival ink then stamped just the large flower head again. I coloured the small image then drew a circle around it & cut it out, & placed it over the top of that part of the main image. Then the image was cut out with a scalloped oval Nestability die, & the edges dusted lightly with green chalk.

Some pearlised paper was then turned into a lacy strip with a paper punch & everything mounted onto a white card.

In this second sample I have used the same stamped image, along with the lacy strip & the main image cut with the scalloped oval Nestability.

The spotlight this time is the whole of the small flower stem to the left of the main image.

The third image has all the basics the same as the other two but this time
I have coloured all of the main image & the spotlight this time is part of the large flower left black & white.












The square & different image card has been created after the style of a card I saw on the Internet & rather stupidly I forgot to note where I saw it.

I liked the repetitiveness of the design & the colour only added to the central panel.  This little border stamp was also part of the set that the floral image came from.  So, a set that has really proved its value & will now get used a lot more.

I had forgotten how enjoyable spotlight technique was & will definitely do some more.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: