Monday, 6 June 2011

Less is More Challenge - Monochrome

Hello, thank you for popping in - I hope you like what I have done with this challenge.

Actually this entry came about by chance this afternoon, when I was concentrating on making samples for workshops that I do at a local craft shop & this technique is one that I am introducing & it is called Faux Layers or Layering.

As I was reaching the closing stages of creating this card I realised it would suit this challenge - Monochrome over at Less is More.

The base card is actually white although it looks slightly pale blue in the photo.

To create the faux layer I tore a piece of copy paper & laid it on the right hand edge of the card.  Then I sponged Adirondack Stonewash ink from off the copy paper towards the folded edge of the card.

The flourish stamp is one of four in a small set of stamps (once again, as seems the norm with me & my stamps) I do not know the make.

I then randomly stamped the flourish with Adirondack Denim over the faux layer - or background!  On a separate piece of white card I stamped the flourish again along with the sentiment - again in Adirondack Denim.

The piece of card was then trimmed to a suitable size & using a piece of paper as a mask I sponged Adirondack Denim ink around the edges creating a narrow border - or faux layer. 

Voila! another less is more or clean & simple card.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the effect with the torn paper. Very effective.
Sharon xx

Sharon said...

Love the effect with the torn paper. Very effective.
Sharon xx

Ang C said...

A lovely card

Netty said...

Love the torn paper and a really nice card. Annette x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

This is a most attractive card!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge this time.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

McCrafty's Cards said...

a very elegent card, I like the stamp and the blues.
Kevin xx

Lynn said...

Layering is very effective - beautiful stamp. Lynn x

Mandi said...

Delightful card, thats a lovely feathery flourish
Would be great on it;s own too I reckon, how useful

Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Rita said...

What a Fabulous card. Hugs Rita xx

Kathyk said...

Great technique, making a really super card

Kathyk

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, what a beautiful blue, and a stunning effect.

Sandra said...

very effective and love the colours

Aileen said...

Love your border on the card. The colours are fab! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a great card, I love the colour you've used.
Sue

Susan said...

Beautiful card! Well done!
Susan@Keeping in Touch