Wednesday, 8 June 2011

A faux layer card

Hello everyone how nice of you to pop by.

Wow! Success, I have made my first century - this is post number 100 - at one time I thought I would never get there, but taking part in the challenges helps raise the number of posts.

Today I created another of the faux layering cards for a forthcoming workshop.  This time the layers look more like layers than torn paper.

The effect of the layers is achieved by using an acetate template with an aperture in, & sponging colour through it.  Then moving it to a different positions & sponging with different colours.

In this card I created the layers first, then stamped the image into the aperture style centre.  I didn't like quite so much white in the centre, so I stamped the flower again on a scrap & cut it out to create a mask, then over stamped the focal image with some oriental text. The acetate frame is left in place during this step.  Next I highlighted the right hand & lower edges with a grey pencil to add to the illusion of layers.

The inks I used were from a Kaleidocolor pad & I used the same pad for the sentiment.

Once again I am using techniques that I learnt some time ago & have not used much recently.  Another old technique that is going to be used a little more again.

More workshop samples to make over the next few days- so please pop back again, & do leave a comment before you leave.

2 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Very nice - I love re-visiting old techniques too :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this technique, it looks very effective. Congratulations on reaching your Centenary.
Sue