Saturday, 4 June 2011

CD Sunday Challenge - Scallops

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.

I can't believe I am nearly out of time for this challenge over at CD Sunday, where the theme is scallops.

 The background paper, flower, lacy border & the focal image came from MCS Encyclopedia CD's.

It was not off one of the A-Z sections but the other sections of the CD's where there are choices of backgrounds, colour, images & embellishments.

I used a new scallop die cut that I have - & I forgot to check the name of the company as it is not a Nestability die.

The roses in the focal image are NOT 3-d, neither are they paper flowers it is a totally flat image.  The quality of the photography (not mine) that done by MCS is what makes them look so realistic.  They really do look like they are jumping off the card.

I cut out 2 of the little flowers & layered them for fullness then used them as the stopper for the easel card.
I really must get myself either a photo tent or daylight lamp - or perhaps even both, as the colours do not show too well.  the darker shades are a soft burgundy colour & the roses & background paper are a very soft dusty pink which goes well with the burgundy.

5 comments:

starcyl said...

oh so pretty and I do like the shape of your card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Beautiful and fab scallops, the image looks so 3D. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful card. I had to look twice at the roses because I thought they had been decoupaged when I first saw them, it was only when I read what you had written that I realised they were flat.
Sue

Jen said...

Lovely shaped card and those roses do look so 3D. Thanks for sharing at Cd Sunday.
Jen x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like those roses
Kevin xx