Sunday, 12 June 2011

Carolines digi images & my photos

Good evening everyone
As well as rubber stamping I also enjoy crafting with CD's & digi images.  A friend - Caroline Rawcliffe of CaroLines has introduced digi images into her products & creates some beautiful silhouette images with many background papers, messages rings & silhouette images.

I have loved Carolines silhouette images since she introduced them as rubber stamps, but recently I found a new way to use these images in their digital form.

I love taking photographs of sunsets, sunrises, cloud formations etc,  If the sky looks different or interesting out comes the camera.  A short while ago I showed Caroline my latest night sky pictures & she wondered what her silhouettes would look like with them.  So I had to try didn't I.


This is one of the pictures.  I took about 6 or 7 - couldn't stop clicking.

The package I use for creating cards etc from my photos is "My Craft Studio".

The first thing to do was to pull the photo into MCS's work area then cut out a portion of the sky in a circle.

Once that was done it was time to add Carolines digi images.  I chose 2 silhouette frames, an owl & a flight of birds.


These are the images I chose.

In the finished image with the branch silhouette I have rotated the branch a little.

Also I had to adjust the size of the birds to fit the silhouette frame - but that is easy in MCS.

Here is the finished result.









Don't they look great?




Thank you Caroline for that inspiration

To see more of CaroLines images click on her name at the top of this post.

3 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, these look stunning, the silhouettes on the sky really make them special. I will have to go and check out Carolines blog.

Sue

Christine said...

WOW, these are stunning, beautiful sky and gorgeous silhouettes. Clever you.
Hugs
Christine xx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Wow they're great!