Monday, 30 May 2011

One project ........ three challenges

Hello again
Well I said I would be back again after leaving my entry for the Scrapling challenge as there was only 6 hours left before closing. Also as soon as I had posted it I realised I hadn't completed the link to them in my blog so had to go back & edit the post.

Right - now for the three in one.  The 3 challenge blogs are - Crafty Catz where the theme is Green & Pink, at CRAFT  the theme is Alter or Recycle & Crafts4Eternity where the theme again was Alter.

So how could I get one item to fit these 3 challenges?  Here's how;

I have recently changed how I store my craft CD's.  They are in clear pockets in a 2-ring binder. So! I thought - why don't I make that blue binder look nicer & alter it.  That satisfied 2 challenges so that was good.

Next I started thinking about how to alter it & that's where the green & pink challenge came in.

I have other folders that will get this treatment too but this is the first one & because it is one of the folders that holds the CD's from My Craft Studio - all the papers & embellishments used to alter it are from some of those CD's.


Here is the finished folder.  On the spine there is a label, also from MCS, onto which I printed "My Craft Studio CD's".

It wasn't until I inserted this photo of the folder that I noticed the pink paper at the top which has beautiful roses on it - actually looks like a pair of eyes.  Although I know it is roses I cannot get those eyes out of my head.

Weird.

What do you see?








I enjoyed making this & now look forward to covering the rest of them - I have another 4.

Thank you for popping in, please leave a message - it is nice to know who has visited.


10 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

It looks fabulous, Thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge.
Kevin xx

Dawn said...

Very pretty and great idea, it would be very inspiring to craft in a room with beautiful altered binders on the shelves. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a great idea, and it looks so effective. I take it you are going to decorate your other folders in different themes and colour ways.

Sue

Crafty_Fairie said...

Thanks for joining in at CRAFT this week.

Kerry

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
It works great, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

pinky said...

Gorgeous make over, just love those papers. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Janette said...

Great makeover, so pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous makeover thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

michele said...

Fabulous! thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Lesley said...

Congratulations - what a great idea.