Wednesday, 18 May 2011

One card - Two challenges!

Hello everyone
I always struggle to make one card fit more than one challenge - but this week I think it has happened.

The first challenge is over at Less is More - where the theme is - "One layer embossing", & then the second challenge over at Crafty Catz - which has the theme - "Pink, Black  & White".  Here is the card with details;

The one layer embossing for Less is More is the outline of the stamp & the sentiment which were stamped in black Versafine ink & embossed with clear EP.

I was tempted to pop some Versamark ink over the flower & emboss that too - but felt that could be deemed to be two layer embossing - so left it.

For the colour theme for Crafty Catz I used my Promarkers in Cocktail Pink & Antique Pink

The stamp is a Woodware stamp called "Fancy  Flower" which I bought at the Port Sunlight Stamp Festival this weekend.  When I looked at the name rather quickly I thought it said "Fantasy Flower" which I think suits it too.  The style of this image means I am going to be able to create it  in any colour I choose.  I have also cropped & scanned just the floral image into my pictures folder as I am hoping I can run it through My Craft Studio to make a matching insert.

I do like these clean & simple style cards - they look so beautiful,

Now to put the photo on the challenge blogs - thank you for dropping by.  Please leave a message - it's nice to know that people are taking a peek.

12 comments:

Kathyk said...

Great idea to match the insert too. Fab card

Kathyk

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful card. I like these less is more cards. Just goes to show you do not need a lot on the card for it to be a good one.
Sue

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful!
What a fab stamp!
Thanks so much for joining us again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Pink Sunshine said...

Great card, I love the image, and the pinks together.
Sally. x

Suze Bain said...

What a fab image and your colouring is great. xx

Mandi said...

What a fantastic flower stamp, making for a wonderful card
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Janette said...

Love your CAS card, so pretty, thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCats this week.xx

Zoechaos said...

Love that image perfect in Pink. XOXO Zoe

Debgem said...

I think the flower image is so beautiful and your subtle colouring is so very pretty! Brilliant!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamp and the CAS design. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz!

Dawn

Susan said...

A beautiful card...and so well colored!!