Friday, 6 May 2011

My Time to Craft Challenge - Red & White

Good afternoon everyone
During a recent browse of craft blogs & challenge sites I stumbled across"My Time to Craft Challenge" & entered their current challenge at that time - Perfect Pets.

This week their challenge is Red & White, on the basis I often give my stamp clubs a colour challenge I thought I had better take part in this one.  So here is the card I made;


This next view is the card laid flat so that you can hopefully see that the red ribbon was also down the right hand edge of the card.

The stamps are an unmounted clear set for which I no longer have the packaging as I store my unmounted stamps in A5 pockets in an A5 ring binder.  I know I bought the set in Hobbycraft so there is a good chance they are Papermania but I cannot be 100% sure.  Sadly as I peel this stamp off the block after stamping the main image, it split.  When I decided to use it again on the side panel I just about managed to put the 2 pieces together - the join hardly shows.  The ink I used was Distress Ink - Fired Brick,  & there is a little bit of sparkly glitter on the images.  Red is such a hard colour to do any matching with - but the Fired Brick went well with the card, whereas a pigment red I had - when stamped looked almost pink.

Thank you for popping in - I look forward to another visit from you.  Please leave a comment it adds to the pleasure of blogging.



4 comments:

chrissy xx said...

It's Gorgeous! LOve your colours. I can see the glitter on the images....it looks very pretty.
Chrissyxx

Chrissie said...

Love it, I really like dandelion type images and the glitter is fab.
Thanks so much for joining our Red & White challenge at My Time to Craft this week!
Chrissie

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a super card, I love the red and white combination. Some of these clear stamps stick very firmly to the blocks don't they!
Sue.

Lesley said...

Lovely card, the image is great! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx