Friday, 27 May 2011

My photography inspiration

Hello! thank you for dropping by

I thought I would show here some photographs that I took just a couple of days ago when there was the most fantastic night sky.


I love taking photographs of the weather - sunsets, sunrise, rainbows & clouds etc - as well as quite often sticking my camera up real close to flowers.  I photograph all the bouquets I may receive taking photos of them as they are received & then after putting them in vases taking individual flowers, or groups of flowers. Many of the flower photos I then turn into greetings cards using MCS - so that I can create matching inserts & background papers.  At least one of those cards goes to the sender of the flowers as a thank you.

I have in the past also used sunset photos for cards & used one example in a workshop I was running using distress inks.  The photo had a rather large & beautiful tree silhouetted in the foreground  - so I used the sunset colours to colour the card & then stamped block images as silhouettes in black archival ink over the top.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my photographs. 
Please call back again soon.


No comments: