Sunday, 1 May 2011

Less is More - Congratulations

Hi - it's me again!  There is going to be three posts today - this is the second one - I really feel now that I have got back into things.

The theme this week over at Less Is More is a Thankyou or Congratulations.  I decided on congratulations.  Here is my card - details follow;

The swirl stamp is one from Dimension Fourth & the sentiment is one from a little box set I bought a long, long time ago.  Probably one of my first sets.  It is a rubber stamp & mounted on thick foam.  I have stamped the sentiment & the swirl with Versmark ink & embossed with gold embossing powder - well the pot says Champagne.  It has been very difficult to get the colour right in the photo. Then at the base of the swirl I added the fabric/paper flower.  Two layers of flowers with a little red pearl in the centre.

I really enjoyed making this card & love the clean & simple lines of it.  What you see is what I saw in my minds eye.

Thank you for stopping by.  Please leave a comment it is nice to know that people have taken a peek.


19 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's lovely, great swirl and the touch of colour makes it really glamorous

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Well done on making your vision into reality... it doesn't always happen that way does it... at least not for me!
I'm glad you said what colour the embossing is, it looks reddish on my monitor!
That's why it's so good to have descriptions!
Thanks for joining us again
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your shirly whirly card and your flower is just lovely.

Marie

Ang C said...

A lovely card - I have that swirl stamp not used it for a while - perhaps I will now!

massofhair said...

Dimension Fourth stamps are great aren't they. I love Roy's enthusiasm when you visit their stands at craft shows.
StUnNiNg card with great embossing and lovely flower:-)

Susan said...

What a fabulous swirl stamp! Awesome card!

Sally H said...

That is a great swirl!

Mandi said...

Super card, I sometimes envisage a card and it turns out quite different!
Continued thanks
Diva LIM
Less is More

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the movement the swirl gives to the flower. Really lovely!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and loving the swirl effect

Anne

Aileen said...

Love the swirls coming from the flower. x

Aileen said...

Love the swirls coming from the flower. x

Jo said...

Very stylish card, it's lovely. Jo x

Jan said...

It's stunning xx Jan

Zoechaos said...

Lovely straight forward card but so stylish anyone receiving this would feel very special. XOXO Zoe

Suze Bain said...

Really lovely, the flower and swirl are fab. x

Lynne said...

Lovely card. Like the flourish.
Lynne xxx

Faith A said...

Simply beautiful

Irene said...

beautiful