Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Just For Fun - Scrapling

At last I have got around to making a Scrapling!  I saw an article about these on the Internet some time ago & just logged it away for something to look into.

Then I spotted (rather last minute), that the challenge over at Just For Fun - is a Scrapling.  Here is mine;

I sat & looked at the piece of card for a little while wondering what I would do - so to help make up my mind I looked through my drawers of stamps.  As I opened one drawer this little stamp jumped up & said "pick me"!

Next decision is what to do with it. So, first I got on with the stamping & stamped it with Versafine black ink & embossed with clear EP. My colour decision was lilac/purple shades with a touch of green.  Now I come to write up the details I realise I haven't made a note of which Promarkers I used.

I have to admit the butterflies were an afterthought & a life-saver, as just as I had finished I dropped a small stamp onto the card leaving a mark that had to be covered.  So - butterflies are always good for that.  A few flat back gems to make them look a little more glitzier & some ribbon across the top.

I didn't use the correct card for Promarkers so if I was giving it away or I want to make another one it would need a lining.  Or, of course, use the correct card.

Some of the other crafters who have entered the challenge have mentioned how good Scraplings are for bookmarks & that being double they will hang over a couple of pages marking the readers place.  I had a thought - you can buy small magnets for use on cards that are backs & fronts.  They would be a good idea as then they would trap the pages between the two halves of the bookmark & wouldn't slip out of the book.
Yes I like that idea.

Thank you for popping in - please call back again & please leave a comment, it is always nice to know what you think of my little world.

8 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great idea to make these as secure bookmarks. So glad you found us and decided to join in this week, hope to see you again soon at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Ang C said...

Beautiful

DIMITRIS said...

What a gorgeous scrupling/bookmark beautiful colour and design

Marie

sam21ski said...

Thanks for joining us over on JFF this week with your lovely scrapling - Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

florenceandfreddie said...

What a pretty bookmark. Great idea about the magnets.
Regards Florence.

Von said...

I too have that stamp hiding somewhere and love how you have coloured it the butterflies add a nice finishing touch :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Just for Fun
Von x

Neet said...

Am so glad that little stamp jumped out shouting for you to use it - bet it is pleased with how your Scrapling has turned out.
Had to smile at how the ;butterflies came about - a sign of a true crafter!
Thanks for joining us at JFF - hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Neet x

KarenB said...

I never heard of 'scraplings' before - what a great idea :) I like your idea of using magnets for a secure bookmark too. Thanks for the link to Just for Fun - what a fab resource for ideas!!