Wednesday, 18 May 2011

CR84FN Colour challenge

Hi again everyone!
Three posts in one day - how good is that & each one for a challenge or two.


Over at CR84FN challenge blog the theme this time is red, yellow & neutral - they always show a graphic with the colour combo on it & there it is to the side.  They are not amongst the colour combinations I would normally use but then that's why these challenges they set are so good. 

In fact the main part of the challenge for me was not the colours themselves but what did I have that I could use.

After I had made the one I have, I realised that I could have done another version of the Scrapling that I showed in the previous post.  Why do we get good ideas after we have already done the work!

Here is the card I made -

I had a browse through a pile of paper & card that came from craft magazines that were waiting to be filed away properly & there were the colours I needed.  Also waiting to be put in their proper place was a poly bag with threads, tape, feathers & many other bits & pieces which included the neutral tape I have used. I liked the tape & the words that had been printed on it.  The little yellow flower was on my desk left over from some that I had heat embossed with clear embossing powder

The paper was an A4 sheet with a narrow lacy ribbon down the left side & one yellow daisy about .5" from the top of the page.  I trimmed the paper to cover the front of an A5 card just using sticky tape down the left hand side to hold it in place. My tape was slightly narrower than the lace pattern so I glued over the top so that the scalloped edge just showed.  Then the yellow flower went on top of the tape just over the daisy that was there.  The paper had a matching tag with the sentiment in red & a rather pale red border around it.  So I used some red glittery border peel-offs to edge the tag & also put it around the sentiment box.  Then the flower needed a flat back gem in the centre & three gems placed in each of the outside corners just to balance things.

Not a stamp insight though.  Never mind - I might try this colour combination again later with stamping.

5 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Andrea M said...

Such a pretty sunny card! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Sue Lelli said...

You DON'T need any stamps to make a pretty card ~ this is proof of that! LOVE the paper and the tag! THX for playing with us at
CR84FN!

Debgem said...

Love the paper - so very pretty - and the ribbon is super! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

McCrafty's Cards said...

I like the papers you have used,and the flower.
Kevin xx