Sunday, 1 May 2011

CR84FN 26 - Colour

Here is my final posting for today (possibly)!

This time the card is for CR84FN (Create For Fun?) number 26.  The theme is a colour one - Kraft, Gold & Pale yellow.  Here is the picture that is on their blog to show the colours;


next is my card for the challenge & details will follow;

I really do have difficulty with my photography getting the colours to show.  I think I might try scanning the next couple & see if it makes any difference.  I have met the requirements - the card is a pale yellow very much like the pale yellow in the back layer of the flower.  The ribbon is gold striped chiffon & the top border punched edging is gold paper.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink & embossed with gold powder that carries the name Champagne.  The sentiment is part of a "Friend" set from My Sentiments Exactly.  At first I was stumped with the Kraft colour & didn't think I had any.  Well! I didn't really - it was as I was cutting the gold paper that I noticed the back of it was almost the right colour.  So problem solved - unfortunately it looks a little grey in the photo. 

I rarely use yellow in my cards - so this was a good test for me - in fact I was very surprised to find the yellow card in a box.  I think it was amongst some that were free with a magazine a while back.

Thank you for popping in - please stop & say hello - it is good to know who is visiting.


7 comments:

Andrea M said...

Such a pretty card! Lovely decorative border and wonderful sentiment!!! Lovely take on the challenge colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! So glad you could play along this week and I hope you can join us again next week!

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty card! I, too, LOVE the edge punch! And what a find to have the kraft on the back! As far as photos, my life became so much less stressful when I purchased a light tent. Mona's recommendation to me so long ago was to purchase a third light to use on top. It made ALL the difference in the world! Anyway, glad you found us! THX for playing at CR84FN!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great sentiment and I love the double punched border! You might try taking your photo with your camera on the macro setting (it's usually a picture of a flower) and see if that helps.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Julie said...

Nicely done Gloria. I like to take my photo's in natural light and I sometimes adjust the colours in my photo editing programme.

You asked about the card or paper I use to make my flowers. Generally I use the same card that I use as my card base. I use creative smooth white card from Craft Creations but I should think any decent weight card will do. I've also successfully used Stampin Up cardstock. Hope that helps and thanks for enabling your profile - much easier to visit.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the fancy eyelet border and sweet bloom! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

This is really pretty. I do like the sentiment very much. And the layer borders are great. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!