Monday, 9 May 2011

CD Sunday - Let's go Oriental

Hello again ladies.
Now! Oriental - I do love everything oriental, which is good because that is the theme this week over at CD Sunday Challenge.  Here is my card - all about it afterwards;

The image & background paper came from Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams.  I have mounted the image onto some blue pearlised card that went quite well with the ladies robe.  Then I printed one of the background papers that went with the image it has repeats of the main image - this I also mounted onto the blue pearlised card.  I could not find any blue ribbon that would do then remembered my Promarkers & a reel of white ribbon I had.  Problem solved.  I wrapped this around the background card then laid the image on 3-d tape over it.  It needed just a little something else.  A couple of years back I showed my club members how to make the Chinese knots with Mizuhiki cord.  But did I have any blue & more importantly would I remember how to do it.  Fortunately the answer to both questions was - yes.  A closeup of the Mizuhiki knot ;

A really enjoyable card to make.

Thank you for dropping in - please call again & please leave a comment.

9 comments:

Christine said...

A gorgeous card from a fab CD, this is one of my favourite CD's too. Lovely image and a good use of Promarkers to colour the ribbon and the Muzuhiki knot, would love a tutorial on making it.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

Tess said...

A gorgeous card in gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at CD Sunday. x

Carol said...

What a beautiful card and the knot is very impressive.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

starcyl said...

Beautiful card and such lovely colours. Think the knot is great too.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday, hope to see you next week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card, and I love your knot, the perfect embellie
Beryl x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is a lovely card, I love the knot that you have put onto the front as well.
Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Thank you for putting on the close up of the knot. I have just managed to make one by copying the photo. Hope you don't mind.
Sue

Misty's Mum said...

Of course I don't mind Sue. after all the designs are not mine they are known Mizuhiki designs.
Gosh, the picture must have been nice & clear to do it that way.

Jen said...

Beautiful card, such a lovely colour and that knot is a great finishing touch. Thank you for joining in with the CD Sunday challenge this week.
Jen x