Wednesday, 25 May 2011

CD Sunday & Crafts for Eternity challenges

Wow! it's me back again - I've lost count now how many posts today.

Once again I can use the same card for 2 challenges - although that is not what I set out to do.

Over at CD Sunday the theme is "Under the Weather" & at Crafts for Eternity it is "Flowers, Ribbon & Bling".  Here is the card;
The background paper & main image are from My Craft Studio CD - "More than words" - Volume 3.  I chose it because the words "under the weather" appeared in the sentiment.

As the blue colours were very close I layered the image onto dark blue card to frame it.  As the background paper had a ribbon style pattern I trimmed along one of the scallop edges so it was slightly narrower than the card. The flowers were originally white & were some that I have had for some time that came with a stamp to put on the veins etc.  I bought them from a company called Orinoco - I don;' think they are around anymore.  But I could be wrong.

I coloured the flowers with a sponge & Denim Adirondack ink.  I left a couple of them paler so that I could layer them together.  They were then finished off with flat back gems.

I make a note of various challenges I am interested in entering & as I ticked off CD Sunday's challenge I noticed that Crafts for Eternity listed just below, said flowers, bling & ribbon.  All this card needed to complete the challenge was a bow - so I made one in dark blue ribbon & after trying it in various places, you can see it finished up sitting on the fold edge.

It is a slightly busier card than I normally make - but I enjoyed making it

8 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful card, love what you have done with the flowers. Thank you for joining in with CD Sunday this week.
Jen x

pinky said...

Stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

starcyl said...

Pretty card and lovely colour, just the thing to brighten your day.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday again.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

I think it is a beautiful card and the flowers are fascinating. Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

michele said...

Fabulous card Carol! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a super card, it would cheer me up if I was under the weather.
Sue

Christine said...

A gorgeous card and I love your flowers. Not thought of using Alcohol Inks to colour white flowers so thanks for the tip.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, love the blues, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, Wendy xx