Monday, 2 May 2011

CD Sunday Challenge - Stamping

Good afternoon ladies
Such wonderful weather - how much longer can it last?
Here is my card for the challenge over at CD Sunday - where the theme was "stamping";
This is a large card this time - about an A4 - it was a purchased card blank

The background paper is from the Cupcakecrafting "Floral Delights" CD17 ..... part of my prize ............

(sshh I said I wouldn't mention it any more). 

I used, as you can see, one of the page curl options plus one of the borders & one of the frames.  I used MCS to manipulate everything, inbclouding putting a colour behind the page to make it a little larger.  On the screen it was a very pale green which seemed to pick up the green in the paper - but on printing it is more of a very pale blue - but it still fits. I printed the frame twice & stamped my sentiment into the centre of one.  Then I cut out the centre of the second one & placed it over the first with 3-d tape.  The two flowers at top & bottom of the frame are attached to the lower frame & the two flowers at left & right are attached to the top frame.  I alos placed the border at the top on 3-d tape & actually plaed it upside down so that it copied the flowers on the bottom of the frame. The sentiment is an unmounted rubber stamp & again I cannot remember where it is from - although I strongly suspect it is The Stamp Man, as the price is wrtten on the back of the stamp, which they sometimes did with their loose stamps.  I decided to produce an insert for this card as I know I willo use it for someone very special.  I chose one of the other papers then through MCS reduced the opacity quite a way down.  I placed the colour behind it again  & then "punched" out an oval shape from the background paper for writing my greeting - which showed the colour behind.  Here is a close up of the sentiment;

Once again a most enjoyable challenge.
Thank you CD Sunday


7 comments:

starcyl said...

What a lovely card and good to see you using your prize. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Tess said...

Such an elegant card and just love the colours. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CD Sunday. x

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card. So well proportioned on such a large card. So glad you have used something from your prize and thank you for your continued support of us at Cd Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Christine said...

A gorgeous card and of course my favourite colours. I love the sentiment too. Pleased you are enjoying one of your prizes.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, your continued support is appreciated.
Hugs
Christine xxx

Jen said...

Lovely card so well proportioned. Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday this week.
Jen x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colours.
Sue

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Such a pretty card - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-