Saturday, 9 April 2011

Someone Special - CD Sunday challenge

Hello again!
Here is my card for the CD Sunday challenge this week.  The theme is "Someone Special" - my card would be for two special someones, so I hope it is OK.  Here is the card - details after;

The design is from MCS Pretty in Porcelain CD -  Special Occasions - Wedding Anniversary.

The centre panel has been partially decoupaged - just one layer - the design has been cut around the top half of the wine glasses & some of the background giving a sort of semi-circular layer.  I can't take credit for that idea it was part of the images on the CD.  The little tag I would probably - if I was actually using it - attach to the back of the plate.  I used the background paper for the design for the stand using MCS's white template & I ran the plate through again so that the back of  it used the background paper too. I also used the option to have the text shaped & as the font I chose had a double image I picked the colour from the wine to fill the text.  That's the first time I have tried that.

I really like these plates & created one quite a while back for friends who had just become a grandparents & they had emailed a photo of the new baby.  So I printed the photo & cut out in a circle & attached to one of the designs.  It was really dainty & pretty.  There are a couple of special days due in the family over the next couple of months I think I may go down this path again.

Thank you for popping in - I do hope you liked the card.  I am off to see what new challenges there might be out there now & look forward to tomorrows CD Sunday challenge. 

5 comments:

Tess said...

What a gorgeous card. Nice to see something a bit different. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, it certainly is special! Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and good luck in the draw
Claire xx

starcyl said...

What a beautiful card, and yes it's very special.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Gorgeous card and certainly 'special'. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and good luck in the draw.
Christine xx

Carol said...

What a great card and nice to be different. You have put a lot of thought and work into it. Thank you for joining is at CD Sunday and good luck in the draw.
Carol
xx